Council seeking rule change

The Council is hoping to persuade the Junta de Andalucia to amend Article 26 of the Order of November 9th 2006 relating to the Strategy for Sustainable Tourism in Andalucia in order to allow Nerja to receive the remaining 25% subsidy for the repairs carried out to the Eagle Aquaduct.

Aquaduct restoration works on schedule

According to the Councillor for Tourism, José Miguel García, work on restoring the Eagle Aquaduct is proceeding on schedule. The edifice is currently covered with around 4,000 metres of scaffolding.

Work begins on restoring the aquaduct

Work on restoring the 19th Century Eagle Aquaduct to its former glory has started, part of the structure now being covered in scaffolding.

Eagle Aquaduct project confirmed

The definitive contract for renovating the Eagle Aquaduct has been awarded to Hermanos Campano S.L with a bid of €513,515, below the budgeted value of €747,525.

Eagle Aquaduct contract

The Council has been studying the fifteen bids for the contract to restore the Eagle Aquaduct and the contract is set to be provisionally awarded next week.

Eagle Aquaduct project

A total of 15 companies have made bids for the €792,543.27 project to restore the Eagle Aquaduct. The completion time for the work has been set at 12 months, not that this usually has any relevance. The bids are currently being studied by municipal technicians.

Eagle Aquaduct project

The Council has approved the criteria for awarding the contract to renovate the Eagle Aquaduct, a project set to cost €792,643.27 and take 12 months (rofl).

The Eagle Aquaduct and flamenco

Even though the Ministry of Tourism, through the Sustainable Tourism Initiative, is financing 70% of the restoration costs of the Eagle Aquaduct, the Council today approved a motion to request that the Ministry of Culture share the remaining 30% of the costs with the Nerja Council.