Man seriously injured in gas explosion in San Roque

A man suffered burns to 40% of his body on Thursday morning when a gas bottle exploded at his home in calle Miraflores in the Taraguilla district of San Roque, Cádiz province.

The explosion occurred at 08:03 and was heard throughout the neighbourhood, prompting numerous calls to the Emergency Services. Due to the seriousness of his injuries the man was taken to the Virgen del Rocio hospital in Sevilla.

Preliminary investigations indicate that there had been an accumulation of gas in the house due to a leak from a gas bottle and the explosion occurred when the man turned on the lights.

%d bloggers like this: