The 17th century Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de las Maravillas - Our lady of Wonders - dominates the Plaza de las Maravillas in the village of Maro. La Iglesia de Nuestra Señora de las Maravillas, Maro The church was completed by the end of the 17th century but the architecture suggests that it was either built over another church or building or was designed long before it was actually built. Maro church It has a single nave with a wooden beamed ceiling which was restored in 1887. MKaro church Maro church The interior of the church, which contains the statue of the Virgen de las Maravillas, is fairly simple although strangely, at the same time, quite ornate in some ways. Maro church Maro church Maro church