Father and son injured in gas explosion

An 8 year old boy and his father were injured yesterday in a gas explosion at a restaurant in Albolote.

The blast occurred at 12:20 in the kitchen of a restaurant in calle Baza and was due to a leak caused by a faulty tube.

The restaurant was closed at the time, having just been renovated by its new owner who, along with his family, were all in the kitchen at the time of the blast. The restaurant was due to reopen tomorrow.

The owner suffered first degree burns to his face and arms and second degree burns to his legs. His 8 year old son suffered first degree burns to his legs. Both are in the Traumatology Hospital in Granada.

%d bloggers like this: