MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo claimed his second second victory of the season in the Italian Grand Prix at Mugello, moving him up to second in the championship.
Lorenzo finished ahead of compatriot Dani Pedrosa while Britain’s Cal Crutchlow profited from Marc Marquez’s late crash to take third.
Home favourite Valentino Rossi, however, crashed out on the first lap. Alvaro Bautista collided with Rossi’s Yamaha to send the pair off the track and into the air fence.
1. Jorge Lorenzo (Spa) Yamaha 41’39.733
2. Dani Pedrosa (Spa) Honda
3. Cal Crutchlow (Gbr) Yamaha
4. Stefan Bradl (Ger) Honda
5. Andrea Dovizioso (Ita) Ducati
6. Nicky Hayden (USA) Ducati
7. Michele Pirro (Ita) Ducati
8. Aleix Espargaro (Spa) Aprilia
9. Bradley Smith (Gbr) Yamaha
10. Hector Barbera (Spa)