A total of 22 people required medical treatment when fire broke out in a street where an Easter procession was being held in Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz province.
The fire broke out at 02:40 at a bar in plaza Esteve, Jerez de la Frontera. The fire was caused by a churro fryer and attempts to extinguish the blaze before the Fire Brigade arrived resulted in thick smoke, which in turn caused panic. The street was crowded with people watching the Easter procession and twenty-two people suffered minor injuries, mostly cuts and bruises.
Two people, a minor and an elderly woman were taken to hospital. although their wounds were not classified as serious.