A second house fire within 24 hours in Córdoba, this latest one tragically claiming the lives of a mother and her three-year’old child.
The fire began at around 06:15 on Friday morning in a fourth floor apartment in calle Ubeda. The cause of the blaze is thought to have been a faulty electrical appliance in the lounge.
The woman died at the scene. The young child arrived at the ICU at the Reina Sofia hospital in cardiac arrest and with burns to 38% of his body. Two other children, aged 7 and 15 years, and two other adults were also injured in the fire.
The two children are being treated for second degree burns to the face and hands. A 51-year-old man, a neighbour, was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.
The fire was eventually extinguished at 08:00.