Fire in Alcalá de Guadaíra claims life of six-year-old boy

A fire at a home in calle Habana, Alcalá de Guadaíra, Sevilla, has resulted in the death of a six-year.old child.

The fire occurred at 14:30 on Tuesday, possibly as the result of a faulty electrical appliance, and when firefighters arrived on the scene they found a child and his mother lying on the floor. The heat of the fire was not intense but the pair had suffered carbon monoxide poisoning.

The child was rushed to the ICU of the Virgen del Rocio Children’s Hospital and placed on life support. Unfortunately he suffered cardiopulmonary arrest and died.

The mother, aged 48 years, is in the ICU at Valme hospital where her condition is said to be serious but stable.

The father, also injured in the fire, was treated at Valme Hospital.

%d bloggers like this: