Fire in Vélez-Málaga necessitates evacuation of 30 families

A fire in a top floor apartment of the Estadio 4 block in Vélez-Málaga caused the evacuation of 30 families from the building.

The blaze began at around 20:00 on Wednesday evening and quickly engulfed the entire apartment. The owner, a woman, was slightly injured but managed to get out of the apartment, along with her young son, without assistance.

It took 15 firefighters more than two hours to extinguish the fire and residents were eventually allowed back in at around 22:30.

The building is supplied with natural gas and, as a consequence, an authorised inspector had to be present and certify that there had been no damage to the system before the residents were allowed back inside.

%d bloggers like this: