Two tourists hospitalised after accident with fiery sausage

A Dutch couple, on holiday in Nerja, ended up in hospital on Tuesday after suffering second-degree burns, apparently the result of a ‘chorizo al infierno’ incident at a bar in the centre of town.

The ‘chorizo al infierno’ – fiery sausage – is a popular dish in Nerja. It is a fairly simple ‘tapa’, a chorizo sausage on a skewer placed over an earthenware pot, often pig-shaped, full of meths. The liquid is set alight and the sausage cooks before your very eyes.

On this occasion, though, the couple hoping to enjoy this delight ended up in hospital, he with 15% burns and she with 20% burns. Face, arms, shoulders, hands and chest were all apparently affected.

A few months ago, a local teacher also suffered serious burns following an accident while partaking of a ‘chorizo al infierno’ and is still off work.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: