The 300th anniversary of the completion of the chapel of Nuestra Señora de las Angustias de Nerja (1720-2020), can be visited at the Villa de Nerja Cultural Centre.
The exhibition “The chapel and the Virgin of Nerja through photography” is a collection of photographs that show the exterior and interior image of the intriguing building, some decorative elements and the different carvings. They are graphic documents produced over the last 110 years, the oldest known and preserved being from the first decades of the 20th century, and the most recent one from 2019.
The selection of the photographs have been made available by the local historian Francisco Capilla Luque and various other sources. The building was finished in 1720 by the Lopez de Alcantara family. The family funded the chapel until handing it over the the village of Nerja and the Cathedral of Malaga after it became difficult for them to support it financially.
The exhibition can be visited until 15 December, from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 to 20:00 at the
Nerja Cultural Centre – Calle Granada, 45, 29780 Nerja, Málaga