Nine people, six adults and three children, are in hospital in Jerez de la Frontera after being overcome by carbon monoxide fumes from a coal fire at their home on the El Portal estate in Jerez.
Two men died at a farmhouse in Peralada, Girona, after inhaling carbon monoxide from a generator installed in a garage where there was no ventilation.
A 14 year old girl died and her younger sister is in a critical condition in hospital as a result of inhaling carbon monoxide fumes at their home in Avenida de América in Andújar, Jaén province.
Two men and a woman died on Tuesday night at their home in Carrión de los Condes, Palencia, as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning.
The Judicial Police and Guardia Civil in Sevilla are investigating the deaths of two people on Saturday evening, thought at this stage to be the result of carbon monoxide poisoning.