Young girl dies from toxic fumes in Andújar

A 14 year old girl died and her younger sister is in a critical condition in hospital as a result of inhaling carbon monoxide fumes at their home in Avenida de América in Andújar, Jaén province.

The 14 year old died in the ambulance but medics managed to stabilise the condition of her 9 year old sister and she was admitted to hospital in a critical condition.

The family had apparently lit a charcoal fire to dry out some dampness in the wall of the detached house, leaving it on overnight. In the morning they found the two girls unconscious and called the Emergency Services.

The parents and another child under 5 years old were not affected by the fumes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: