Farmer electrocuted in Almuñecar

A 53-year-old farmer died on Wednesday morning after being electrocuted while trying to put out a fire in an electricity box.

The incident happened at 10:00 on an avocado farm on the camino de Río Seco in Almuñecar, Granada province.

The man apparently noticed smoke coming from an electricity box for the irrigation system and was trying to smother the fire when he touched one of the cables and suffered a fatal electrical shock.

A colleague alerted the authorities to the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes:

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: