The Council is hiring over 400 new contract workers in order to ‘provide a better service to the community’.
- Street Cleaning: 135 contracts
- Operational Services: 51 contracts
- Municipal Exclusion Programme: 46 contracts
- Parks and Gardens: 44 contracts
- Municipal Beach Service: 41 contracts
- Refuse Collection: 24 contracts
- Municipal School of Music: 11 contracts
- Education: 22 contracts
- General Administration: 10 contracts
- Tourist Information: 7 contracts
- Socio-Cultural Promoters: 2 contracts
- Car Park Attendants for the Municipal Underground parking: 4 contracts
- Municipal Architects: 2 contracts
The only thing which is not entirely clear from the information available is whether these are 400 ‘extra’ jobs or whether this includes the regular renewal of existing short-term contracts.