Council approves receiving funds for beach improvements

In September, the Málaga Provincial Council and the Association of Municipalities of the Costa del Sol-Axarquia announced the funding a Tourist Investment Plan for the municipalities of the Costa del Sol and interior to the value of €1.5 million, the Provincial Council providing 80% of the funds and the Commonwealth the remaining 20%.

EIB providing €46 million for the Málaga Metro

The European Investment Bank is providing funds of €46 million for the implementation of lines 1 and 2 of the Málaga Metro after analysing the economic viability and social profitability of the underground system.

Council to request funds for forestry activities

The Councillor for the Environment has filed a motion for debate asking for forestry activities for Nerja to be included in the Emergency Plan for Employment operated by the Junta de Andalucia.

Proposed renovation projects in Frigiliana

Frigiliana Council has already decided upon three projects to be carried out using funds of €283,961.58 received from the Málaga provincial authorities.

Council to request funds from Department of Coasts

The Nerja Councillor for Beaches, Nieves Atencia, is planning to ask the Department of Coasts to fund the second phase of the project to replace the railings by the sea at Plaza Fabrica de los Cangrejos, the Council having funded phase one, from Torrecilla beach to the square, from the municipal coffers. The Council estimates the cost of phase two to be …

Extra money for Torrox

Torrox Council is set to receive an additional €194,000 under the Second Plan Proteja, the award based on unemployment levels in the various municipalities in Andalucia.